Rancho Vista Church was founded in 2002 when a group of 25 friends determined that God was leading them to begin a new Christian ministry in the Chula Vista area. Keys to this group – which remain to this day – were a welcoming and relaxed “come-as-you-are” atmosphere, a contemporary-style adult worship complemented by a top-notch youth ministry, and a rock-solid core belief in the teachings of the Bible.
Rancho Vista is a partner church in the Evangelical Covenant denomination. All Covenant churches hold to the affirmations of Christianity regarding the Bible as the Word of God and the only perfect guide for our faith, doctrine and conduct.
We believe in the following Christian truths:
- That God is our Creator and Loving Father
- That Jesus, His Son, came to be our Savior and show us life at its very best
- That the Holy Spirit is at work in the world and the church, drawing people to Himself
- That to love God and others are life’s most important pursuit
- That we are separated from God by sin and need to experience a spiritual rebirth to live forever as His children
We take the Bible seriously. It is like no other book, for God has breathed life into it. It is completely true and teaches us what we need to know about God, ourselves, and how life is to be lived. To us, this leads to a church that is:
- Evangelical, but not exclusive
- Biblical, but not doctrinaire
- Traditional, but not rigid
- Congregational, but not independent
For more information go to http://www.covchurch.org/